Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Putrescence/Archagathus 7" Reviews That We Excavated

In the (probable) event that you had your head up your ass, we released a split 7" with our pals Archagathus last year. We recently dug up a couple of reviews of this release. Before this platter is resigned to obscurity once and for all, we thought we would let you know what Industry Insiders have been saying about this record for months. If you are interested in copies of this, I know that Rescued From Life definately has one or more with your name on it. Presently we are without. That's because we can't keep them in stock. This shit moves fast! Hooray!


Man I started writing a review of this 7'' and it came out totally clinical sounding so I'll just say that this is an awesome grindcore split between two of the coolest bands going in Canada's grindcore capital Winnipeg, Manitoba. Archagathus is straight up old school mincing grind who have a billion splits out, Putrescence is evil as fuck deathgrind who apparently recorded their side of this split in one alcohol drenched day and it turned out to be my favorite thing they've ever put out. This just came out on Killbomb Records out of Vancouver and Rescued From Life from Texas, buy it and support the underground.
-The Process of Weeding Out

I even had a hard time finding a cover image of this one. I contacted the label about this record when I first caught word that it was out, and got no response. The only reason I knew this was out was because I learned about it from the Prince of Mince himself. Putrescence got blackout drunk in the studio before recording their tunes for this. You can expect some gore-tinged death-metal-breath grindcore beast on their side. The Archagathus tracks are from the same session as their material on the Sakatat split, which just happens to be my favorite. If you're unfamiliar with Archagathus, I recommend that you get acquainted with them right now. They are the band that Agathocles wishes they still were. That's right, Archagathus has surpassed their bastard grandfather of a band. -Don't Be Swindle

No comments:

Post a Comment